ConnectEDU Announces the 2013 Best Places to Work for Recent Grads
(Boston, MA) May 13, 2013 – ConnectEDU, a technology company committed to connecting the world’s learners to life’s possibilities through clear education-to-career pathways, today announced the 25 Best Places to Work for Recent Grads. Since 2007, Experience, a ConnectEDU company, has compiled the list of employers from across the country based on excellence in recruiting, hiring and retaining young professionals.
The winners were selected by comparing employer survey responses to research on what recent grads prioritize when selecting a place to work. The selection criteria for 2013 included career advancement opportunities, culture, benefits (such as salary and perks), and work/life balance. The survey ran from February 2013 through April 2013, garnering responses from over 300 employers from across the country.
A selection of the 25 Best Places to Work for Recent Grads includes: Ernst & Young, eBay, Garmin, Hormel, SapientNitro, and Philips North America. The complete list of winners and information about why these companies were selected is available on the ConnectEDU website at www.connectedu.com/best-places-to-work-2013-winners.
The employer survey responses also uncovered key trends for how companies are attracting and advancing recent grads. The majority of respondents are offering leadership development and training opportunities, while over 85% of employers are focused on creating a “team oriented” culture to appeal to recent graduates’ work preferences. Additional trends include:
- Despite Millennials’ “job hopping” reputation, only 5.2% of top employers report an average entry-level hire staying less than a year. More common: 2-3 years (26.8%) or more than 4 years (28.4%)
- 83% of employers offer entry level hires mentorship programs
- 58% offer leadership development and training
- 47% offer rotations in other departments
- 87.6% of companies report a “team oriented” culture; 78.9% call their culture “fun”
To download the full report on recent grad hiring trends go to http://info.connectedu.com/best-places-to-work-2013-report.